RETREAT FOR INNER HEALING AND GROWTH IN HOLINESS
Jesus, our Risen Lord, joined the company of the two disciples on the way to Emmaus who were walking in unbelief and despair; they were going away from Jerusalem where the redemption took place. First, He listens to their inner restlessness and then He explains to them the Scriptures to their problems. Their hearts were burning within them while He opened the Scriptures to them (Lk 24.32). This is real Inner Healing.
We go through varied negative feelings- anger, bitterness, anxiety, worry, fear, inferiority complex, uncertainty of the future etc mainly because ‘we do not know the Scripture nor the power of God’ (cfr Mk 12.24). The retreats conducted by Fr.Mariakumar and Ms.Pereira are purely based on the Word of God and the teachings of the Catholic Church (CCC) and they help the participants to grow in faith, deeper trust in the Providential Love of the Abba Father, total surrender to Lord Jesus Christ and an experience of life in the power of the Holy Spirit. The participants are led to the awareness of the root causes of their problems through the Word of God and by the power of the Holy Spirit. When they cooperate with the Grace of God ‘to remove the stones’ and to ‘unbind’ themselves (cfr Jn 11. 39, 44), they start experiencing the ‘abundant life’ promised by the Lord (cfr Jn 10.10b).
Through the prayer for womb stage healing and childhood healing, followed by the deliverance prayer, many experience relief from the trauma and emotional hurts.
The prayer exercise of walking with Jesus and Mother Mary through life helps one to grow in holiness.
For growth in holiness, they are encouraged for a commitment to personal prayer (daily giving the due praise and worship , honour and thanksgiving to God, ongoing repentance, surrender, seeking the Wisdom, Power and Guidance of the Holy Spirit), daily reading and reflection of the Word of God and Sacramental life.
Emphasis given to Sacraments of
Anointing of the sick
Type of Retreats
• INNER HEALING
• GROWTH IN HOLINESS
• MARRIAGE AND FAMILY
• CHRISTIAN SPIRITUALITY IN THE CONTEXT OF THE MODERN
WORLD (OCCULTISM, ESOTERIC, NEW AGE ETC)
• RETREAT FOR YOUTH/ CHILDREN
• MARIAN RETREAT
Features of Retreats
A: Inner Healing (4days)
1. Our life in the plan of God
2. Emphasis on the life based on the Word of God.
3. Inner Healing and deliverance prayer in areas of anger, anxiety, fear, lust, addictions,wordliness
4. Biblical and Church Teaching on the First Commandment and deliverance from the sins of occult.
5. Call for Repentance and Sacrament of Reconciliation
6. Cleansing with the Precious Blood of Jesus and Filling with the Holy Spirit
7. Wombstage healing for the futile things inherited and childhood healing for the emotional hurts of the past.
B: Growth in Holiness (5 days) (only for those who have already participated in the inner healing retreat)
1. Marriage and Family as designed by God
2. Christian meaning of suffering
3. Spiritual Warfare: Working of good and evil in our lives and how to be victorious in the Lord.
4. Spiritual Maturity through Personal Prayer and Sacramentl Life
5. Life filled with the fruits of the Holy Spirit
6. Deeper Meaning of Baptism.
7. Growing in Faith
8. Use and misuse of Tongue
9. Living the fullness of the Holy Spirit (Gifts and Charisms)
C: Week-end Retreats/ Seminars
Treasures of the Catholic Church
Covenant relationship between God and man
Catholic Charismatic Renewal
Retreat for youth/ children
Call to the abundant life of God (Jn 10.10) through Inner Healing and Deliverance
Call to the Merciful Love of God the Father through Repentance and Sacrament of Reconcilitation
D: Retreat for Priests and Religious.
Ongoing Surrender to the Will of God
Being faithful to one’s vocation
Fanning into flame the gift of God (2 Tim 1.6)